Infinite Discovery

This is a world like no other. A free world where you choose your destiny. Everyone has a story so tell me yours.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Infinite Discovery
[IMPORTANT] Please read the weaponry announcement posted in the 'Important Topics' forum
December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 The Invasion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maple

avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2009-07-08
Age : 32
Location : Where ever

Character sheet
Race: Vampire
Gender: Female
Gil: 625

PostSubject: The Invasion   Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:22 pm

Title: Invasion*
Client Name: King of Eden
Location: Eden Province
Gil: 0
Items: Any items pillaged from enemy camps
Description: The King is weary of invadors that have been encircling the kingdom as reported by scouts. Many camps have been spotted being formed and others already being used as barracks. You will strike before the sunrises if you wish. If you choose to wait until they group and attack, you are ordered to defend this kingdom with your very life however.. every casualty will bestow one day penalization in the imperial prison.

(What does the casualties thing mean?)

Maple arrived at the Eden Province at dusk, always feeling spurred on faster by the coming darkness, she showed the quest page to the guards and they directed her to the provincial leader. She bowed to him and he scoffed for a minute at the thought of this little girl going to take out the enemy camps.

"With all due respect, I wish to know what the casualties clause in this quest means exactly." She showed him the quest and pointed it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kite Glyph (Admin)
Admin
avatar

Posts : 87
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : City

Character sheet
Race: Fridun
Gender: Male
Gil: 1830

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:52 pm

It means if civilians are harmed.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://infinite-discovery.forumotion.net
Vuka

avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-07-07
Age : 32
Location : In your Closet

Character sheet
Race: Star Hunter/Neko
Gender: Male
Gil: 6800

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:31 pm

"So it begins?" He said to himself. Vuka was hunkered down spotting the scouts that have appeared. "Aye..I will not allow this to happen." He darted out from his hiding place. Both his hands were curled into a fist bothing were willing and ready lay waste to those before him. "It's on..like donkey kong!!" He laughed to himself darting after the said scouts. On his way there he would see Maple. A gentle nod would be given to her as he pursued the scouts.

Vuka's crimson eyes watched where they were going. Of coruse they heading back to the campsite's from which they came. Even better. He thought. They are setting themselves up for their greatest blunder yet. Always keep an eye on your surroundings. That was the job of a scout. To scope out the area and/or to spy upon another group or opposing force. The only thing that would hinder his progression would be the fact that the scouts were leading him into a trap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nadia

avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : Un concert

Character sheet
Race: Human
Gender: Female
Gil: 465

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:48 am

Nadia, the little french maiden stepped upon one of the several hills of the province. Her eyes scowered the lands. Several bright orange dots were seen, randomly scattered but more so concentrated a particular distance from the kingdom boarders. Even though she was attired in a maiden's gown she was fairly swift about her feet and secure with her footing. Running down the hill, she presumed it was about time she engaged one of the camp sites. She was hesistant but knew that this is what she wanted to do. Je ne perdrai pas.. she thought to herself as she came closer to one of the camp sites where it was now required that she slow her pace and ensure her movements were not picked up upon. There was a chance, that Vuka and Maple would be attacking the same camp all that was but that was merely a chance occurance.

The faint commotion became more and more clear the closer she brought herself to the campsite. The light was skewed, providing some visual confusion and would provide her some form of slack with approaching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maple

avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2009-07-08
Age : 32
Location : Where ever

Character sheet
Race: Vampire
Gender: Female
Gil: 625

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:34 am

Maple saw Vuka rush past her and turned around to follow him, her wings hiding her need to make any noise by running through the trees, she caught up to him quickly and swooped down to land next to him and meet his stride. "So, feel up to plundering some campsites?" She said in the least audible voice Vuka could hear. She drew out her lance and put a black cover over it so it wouldnt reflect the firelight from the campsites and give them away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vuka

avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-07-07
Age : 32
Location : In your Closet

Character sheet
Race: Star Hunter/Neko
Gender: Male
Gil: 6800

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:08 am

The sound of Maple's voice and her presence nearby didn't stop his hastee pace towards the campsite. He did however acknowledge that he had heard her. "That I will." Vuka would say short and bluntly. He was never good at coming up with responses there on the spot. Especially since he had something else on his mind at the moment. Nothing really needed to be said. Only actions needed to be brought forth. The more time that was wasted chit chatting the more likely the casualty rate will up to the point that known will be left alive.

Vuka picked up his speed, letting his arms drag behind him as he ran. The site was coming up soon. He would leap into the air with ease going up about 20 feet. Once he reached the peek of his jump he saw the site. "There they are.." He murmered under his breath, as he started to descend back to the ground. He turned his head downward towards the campsite, causing his desenscion to fall towards there area. How many there was? It did not matter. All that matter was getting those people out of there as soon as possible.

Vuka would land just before the site hiding in the brush about 10 feet away. The sound of him landing in the brush wouldn't be picked up by them because of his neko-like reflexes, it only sounded like a squirrel scampering through. His crimson eyes never left them. He wanted to badly to send forth his strength and anihilate them. But something restrained him. The thought of innocent lives were at stake. He needed a plan..and assistance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPC



Posts : 44
Join date : 2009-07-09

Character sheet
Race:
Gender:
Gil:

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:37 pm

In this camp that Nadia, Vuka and Maple had attempted to approach. Five men could be seen tempering and sharpening the men's weapons and buffing their sheilds. Six men within the main tent were discussing tactics of invasion. Nine men were scouting the perimeter of the camp to ensure that no one was taking the preemtive strike upon them. Twenty men in total for this camp and they were almost complete wth their plans. Neither of the three were noticed as of yet. Time was running short and the sun was setting fast behind the horizon. The sky would now be a deep blue.

Camp 1/5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maple

avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2009-07-08
Age : 32
Location : Where ever

Character sheet
Race: Vampire
Gender: Female
Gil: 625

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:53 am

Maple worked best in the dark anyway, so she moved forward carefully, the head of her lance hidden by the cloth that covered it for now, she crept forward slowly with Vuka next to her, smirking a little as her eyes didnt even need to adjust because of her vampiric sight.
"Ready when you are... feel like waiting till darkness and taking them out then?" She whispered as she looked out into the camp, anaylizing how many men there were outside and the best ways to take them out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vuka

avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-07-07
Age : 32
Location : In your Closet

Character sheet
Race: Star Hunter/Neko
Gender: Male
Gil: 6800

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:27 am

The question was posed about him being ready. It rung in his mind as he watched the camp before him. There was quite abit. "I'm ready. I'm going for the scouts. I'm somewhat good with my stealth skill." He nodded then slid back heading to his first victim. The first scout. 9 to 1..The odds weren't bad in his eyes. If anything he keep them away from noticing Maple. Vuka's eyes luminated slightly being ready for a battle. Both of his neko ears swiveled around listening to his surroundings.

Once away from Maple, he made his move. His right hand gripped the hilt of his sword fading into his shadows. Only his crimson eyes would be noticed in the dark, but not to be recoginized as a person attempting to save them, but as a simple creature of the forest. Vuka would stand close to a tree leaning up against it waiting for any of the scouts to come in his range."Come on..I'm waiting on you.." He would say softly, mumbling to himself. Looking at the ground, spotting a rock he would, pick it up and throw it hitting one of scouts.

"That should do it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maple

avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2009-07-08
Age : 32
Location : Where ever

Character sheet
Race: Vampire
Gender: Female
Gil: 625

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Maple smirked a little as she moved in the other direction through the trees, glad night had fallen as she crept forward to an unsuspecting one of the scouts, smirking to herself as she hilted her lance, not needing it now that night had taken over her, her abilities heightening, and her fangs growing out as her eyes turned deep red, she knew exactly what to do, it was in her blood, and blood was what she wanted. It was easy to kill and get her fill at the same time, she just had to get the right angle. She moved quicker, her claws lengthening as well, to be used when she was too full for more, but for now... she covered the scouts mouth, and then bit clean into his neck. making him go numb, then she dragged him back, sampling his blood a little before simply slitting his throat with her claws and leaving him to die silently. One down... this was easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nadia

avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : Un concert

Character sheet
Race: Human
Gender: Female
Gil: 465

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:07 am

Nadia crouched on the opposite end of the camp site. A mental count of the active men were taken but there was something that threw her off. Two were missing? Did she miscount this? There was no space to ponder such trivial things. She was crouched in the shadows behind a small uprising of earth, a miniature cliff where roots hung from the ceiling of this small crawl space. A man walked over her which brought her to crouch even lower in hopes she would not be detected. A pause was taken of the man but he continued on thereof. Popping her head up once again, her eyes caught a moderately sized tree just across from her on the other side of the camp, directly across. A smirk came to her lips as an idea came to mind but there were two complications..

She had to take the risk. It was the quickest way and with the sun down, there was no telling when the other camps that scattered the region were going to make their activity known. It was a risk to be taken. Her right hand shot forth, aimed directly for the tree where a seeming nylon strin sprung forth from her sleeve. Enfusing the string with one of her innate abilities of mana, the string was influenced to hastily wrap itself around the tree and form a knot. She tugged it twice to ensure it was secure.

Time was short with the wandering scouts and such... one may trip over the string and bring early attention. Moving back a little she pulled out the rest of the string's length and tied it securely around a tree just behind her. The slack issued to the string was well enough to keep it to the ground and allow it to just lay there but tripping over the thin line was possible. She was set.

A scout was already nearing her line of string. The time was now to act. She forced herself up from her crawl space on the perimeter of the camp site, kneeling down she picked up the slacking string and ran directly to the middle. Her actions were practically unorthodox but this was a win or lose situation. She ran vertically to begin pulling the string lain horizontally on the floor. The tension of the string was increasing the further and further she went. The adrenhaline was pumping through her system. All she could hear were her own footsteps, heartbeat and breathe. When she reached a point where the string felt like it were going to snap, she let it rip from her fingers to slice everything in its path in half. A trap for any who possibly pursude her.

She did keep running, vanishing into the darkness, only hoping that none would be right behind her, chasing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPC



Posts : 44
Join date : 2009-07-09

Character sheet
Race:
Gender:
Gil:

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:25 am

Maple.. swift and agile she was and a silent killer indeed. All that escaped this bandit's mouth was a muffled yelp but soon silenced by the draining of his blood. Maple's kill was a success, going off without a hitch.

Vuka.. less so successful. The rock was thrown at the bandit but was there supposedly a tactic behind this? Yes, the bandit did feel the light impact of the rock against his frame which brought his attention to the source, weapons tightly gripped. Exiting the premesice of the campsite to investigate. The bandit walked right on by the tree Vuka was using as cover, eyes looking all about for something but he was unsure of what.

Nadia.. clever and careless. Placing herself in the face of death and danger but her tactic managed.. she was seen by one of the bandits who quickly shouted to gain the attention of the others. They all bolted out, all eighteen ceased their activities and chores to chase after the intruder. It was high priority that someone outside of their group not know of their presence. They saw her as a primary threat to their operation. Suddenly, they all stopped.A whisk was heard and a small fire shifted for a breif moment. The string Nadia had held tightly in her hand and thus released sliced through all. Everything was still. The men.. yelling suddenly through the silence began to fall apart.

The string had sliced them swiftly and easily. Their bodies fell apart as though they could be pieced back together. Some, died upon the sudden shock of their torso sliding off their lower half. Others who remaiend and endured the pain slowly tried to place themselves back together but only lost consciousness and died quickly after. Tents fell apart. BarBeQue spits fell into the flames they were supported over. Poles collapsed. Eighteen men, dead and items left to be taken. This was a sight to see and only worse to experience.

Camp 1/5 - Eliminated

Items to be plundered:

6x Short Swords

3x Daggers

6x Scimitars

1x Raw Meat

9x Cooked Ham

2x Tribal Sigils

1x Broken wood

1x Human Hand

4x Ivory ring

1x Used Boot
1x Document *Required Quest Item*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPC



Posts : 44
Join date : 2009-07-09

Character sheet
Race:
Gender:
Gil:

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:28 am

QUEST UPDATE!

--Locate the Document- Information on the second campsite location will be found in the DOCUMENT

--Eliminate The Remaining Camps! - 4/5 REMAINING
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maple

avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2009-07-08
Age : 32
Location : Where ever

Character sheet
Race: Vampire
Gender: Female
Gil: 625

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Maple realized that the rest of the camp had stopped pumping blood through their veins, looking around for the source she spotted Nadia, she gave a quick wave and went to look for any concerning documents as she went around to each of the ripped up tents to search for anything good. Picking up most of what she found and could potentially sell.

2x Daggers

4x Scimitars

2x Tribal Sigils

4x Ivory ring

1x Document *Required Quest Item*

She looked at the Document and called out loud enough for only the two to hear. "You two, I found this page saying where the other camps are and something the king may want to see, shall we turn it in together?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NPC



Posts : 44
Join date : 2009-07-09

Character sheet
Race:
Gender:
Gil:

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 am

THE DOCUMENT

Approach only when direly needed!!!!

There is a camp five miles north of you.

There is a camp three miles east of you with their accompanying camp.

There is a camp one mile west of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nadia

avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : Un concert

Character sheet
Race: Human
Gender: Female
Gil: 465

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 am

Nadia caught the wave from Maple at the corner of her eye and shorlty after a female voice arose from her direction. Nadia had never heard Maple's voice and given that she was the possible only other female in this immediate area, it must have been her. She could not understand quite what was said given their language barrier but Nadia only assumed that something had gone wrong when her voice came up. She tensed and ran as fast as she could to the scene to see Maple holding several items and a document of a sort. Prepared for battle she bolted in with her hands tightly made into fists and her eyes focused on the standing body of Maple. "Êtes-vous bien!?" Nadia shouted out in readiness to protect her fellow quester. Seeing how it was only Maple present she disengaged herself and exhaled a breath of relief. "Je suis désolé. J'ai pensé que quelqu'un t'avait survécu et nuisait.." A small smile came to her face as she neared Maple. "Qu'avez-vous trouvé?" She had completely fogot about their language barriers and spoke freely without consideration of their difference in comprehension.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vuka

avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-07-07
Age : 32
Location : In your Closet

Character sheet
Race: Star Hunter/Neko
Gender: Male
Gil: 6800

PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Growls rather loudly. Of course his plan was alittle faulty. The whole objective was to lure the scouts to him, not to have the rock as an attack. No matter. Other camps. "Hmph.." He darted off into the dark in search of the rest of the camp sites. There were four left. Redeeming himself seemed to be a must now. The spoils of this victory would easily be given to the others, however..Vuka would gaze upon the document and nodded his head. "Now then.. Onward."

Even though he didn't to much damage with this first camp he will do more damage once he figured out where the rest were. He wouldn't hold anything back. His right hand remained on the hilt of his sword. "Blood will be split by my hands. I can promise you that." He swore under his breath darting off into the darkness. Of course the other two will follow if they did not know where else to be at for the time being. The other camps shouldn't be far from where they were. If anything they would have heard the noise from this one.

Hopefully the night didn't end soon. If so, they would have another problem on their hands. Perhaps this would be the longest night they will ever have.Vuka headed off into the distance. His next objection was the camp west of him which was only a mile away from him, so the document said. He smiled to himself leaving alittle leeway time for them to follow him to the next site unless they were splitting off to the other sites. This woman (Nadia) spoke in a different lanuagage making it difficult to get anything going, in his eyes. Maple was there as well. She took a a larger part of the spoils.

Enough babbling he spoke to himself, get going. His head nodded in agreeance as if he was a drone. Vuka simply kept his course, heading due west. The site would appear soon seeing as it wasn't to to far. He would stay on the outskirts of the site waiting for the other two. If anything they will probably over run him and take out this site as well leaving him to look like a fool chunking rocks at one scout. He shook his head then noticed a nearby scout. "Hmm.." The scout would slowly come closer to Vuka's area. He laid flat in the grass watching the scout's movement. It seemed he was alone. Vuka would make sure he was and that he would never return back to his site

The area was well populated, consisting of mainly captives. It was a sad sight to see. It pained Vuka. The campsite was on the downside of a hill being well hidden if anyone was to come from the west like Vuka had done so. The scout paused 10 feet away from Vuka. Now! Vuka lept to his feet the upon the scout covering his mouth with his right hand while his left hand slid behind his head prepping to snap the scouts neck. *Crack!* Vuka held the man's lifeless head in his hands. The scouts eyes were still open. He laid the corpse down gently the grabbed its feet and drug it further away from the site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Invasion   

Back to top Go down
 
The Invasion
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Kojan's Starships: The Official Database (Update 2)
» Secret Invasion #2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinite Discovery :: Main Story-line :: Free World-
Jump to: