Infinite Discovery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinite Discovery

This is a world like no other. A free world where you choose your destiny. Everyone has a story so tell me yours.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Infinite Discovery
[IMPORTANT] Please read the weaponry announcement posted in the 'Important Topics' forum
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Shadow's Calling

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Luna and Sol

Luna and Sol

Character sheet
Race: Human/Shinigami
Gil: 250

The Shadow's Calling Empty
PostSubject: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:35 pm

Luna and Sol had spent several days traveling around killing people, bribing people, and blackmailing people for any information about the school which made shadowmancers and dark clerics. Soon they had found an old man who gave them a clue to where the school that taught those people was.

The twins walked deep into a forest, their minds still focused on finding the school. Soon they found the school which taught dark things. Even though they were now Eden knights, they did not wear the armor or carry the shield. They found their clothing more suitable than the armor. Keeping their weapons on the ready, they opened the door to the school and looked around. If they could have the chance they would also learn to be dark clerics.
Back to top Go down
Vuka

Vuka

Character sheet
Race: Star Hunter/Neko
Gil: 6800

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:12 pm

"You're finally Eden Knight's huh?" A voice from overheard echoed through the night as a personage fell from the skies. The personage's eyes locked onto the two fellows who just came out of the school. He immedately smirked at them. More people to ~introduce~ myself to. He spoke to himself in a small mutter His starry white hair flung about as he fell from the sky like a asteroid or a misguided shooting star. His frame was surrounded by a illuminating night which filled the vincinity he was in. *THUD!!* A large echoing sound bellowed throughout the area. Vuka had landed close by the two men or boys, it was tough to tell.

Getting up slowly, Vuka simply brushed himself off and stood in the midst of his creation. He chuckled and looked around seeing the massive damage he caused. "Wow..That was..fun." He spoke excitedly then laughed rather loudly as to allow wake the dead if he could. Shaking his head free from the debry that dwelled in his hair, he would walk over to them at the same time. His head was lowered as to allow the dirt and what not to fall as he brushed it out. Crashing seemed to be his main thing to accomplish whereever he went. Vuka's frame was abit on the athletic side. He stood about 6ft tall and ranged between 170-200lbs. On this left thigh laid a typical broadsword snuggled oh so nicely in it's sheath.

Grooming was done for Vuka. He cleaned himself rather quickly making himself presentable to the others before him. Image was everything to Vuka. I guess you could say he was a pretty boy out of this world. Pocketing his hands, he smiled at the two men and greeted them with the upmost respect. "Hello hello. My name is Vuka. No I do not have a last name. I intend to keep it that way." He bowed before them allowing his crimson cape to drape over him. His starry armor, which as just star particles made into a nice looking outfit (As seen in the pic.) made a slight noise as if they were silverware clanging together.
Back to top Go down
Luna and Sol

Luna and Sol

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:57 pm

The twins looked at each other before looking up at the sky to notice that someone was falling from it. Staring towards the person who had just fell to the sky and made a loud thud, they stood still wondering how this person could survive falling from the sky that hard.

Luna placed his hand on the hilt of his katana, as if ready to attack just in case this man proved to be a threat against them. "How did you know that my brother and I became Eden knights? We aren't even wearing the appropriate attire nor do we have the symbol of the Eden Knights on us." Luna still didn't let down his guard as the other introduced his self. Keeping his hand carefully at the ready if he needed.

Unlike his twin, Sol didn't take up defense. He crossed his arms and looked at the male named Vuka. "Say, kid... How did ya survive a fall like that? No man I know alive can do that." He kept his eye both on his brother and the other man.
Back to top Go down
Kite Glyph (Admin)
Admin
Kite Glyph (Admin)

Character sheet
Race: Fridun
Gil: 1830

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:40 am

There was a gust of wind and Kite stood there behind Vuka facing the opposite way of him*Hey Vuka good to see you again nice fall.He turned looking at the two men and threw them each a small symbol of the Eden Knight's.*In order to be a Eden Knight you must wear these.*Kite's eyes floated over them both daring them to disagree before smiling.*You coming with us Vuka?
Back to top Go down
https://infinite-discovery.forumotion.net
Vuka

Vuka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:17 am

The question was posed as to how he knew about the two being Eden Knights. Vuka gently smiled and looked at the other that appeared on the scene. His hands remained snug in his pockets before he shrugged his shoulders slightly. "My good friends..If I may call you friends, No one in the right mind would be around these parts unless they were Eden Knights or someone who typical knows nothing of the area." He voice was soft and unfurled as he spoke to the two men he encountered first. His eyes were still on the other. "I'm not sure about going with you guys either. But I'm sure I can tag along for the time being. I have nothing better to do. I mean honestly, what am I going to do? Work on my landing?" He chuckled as soon as he finished his statement. He smiled at all 3 of the men.
Back to top Go down
Luna and Sol

Luna and Sol

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Luna and Sol caught the symbols and then looked at them. "Fine we'll wear them but they won't be visible." Luna places his on the inside of his belt while Sol placed his on the inside of his shirt.

Luna relaxed and removed his hand from the hilt of his katana. Looking over at Kite, he sighed softly and then turned away. "We should get going then guys... Gotta find out more about the school of Dark Clerics and Shadowmancers."
Back to top Go down
NPC

Character sheet
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:32 am

OBJECTIVE: Gain information of the group of theives
Back to top Go down
NPC

Character sheet
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:37 am

They were making a scene with all of their commotion and by simply being in the grand entrance way. It was like a massive dome but the area was horriblely lit. Bodies stood in the doorways, those who had errands to run ceased their motions to observe the newly arrived group. All had suddenly grown silent. A body moved along the soft rune paved floor to arrive several feet from the chattering group. "You are disturbing the classes." A soft, feminine voice rose from her lips. Her face could barely be made out in this poorly lit area but her presence was to be acknowledged. "We are not accepting any new students for the next century. If that is your purpose for being here, please return to your homes. If you do not leave by request you will be forcefullyl ejected from this instutition."
Back to top Go down
Luna and Sol

Luna and Sol

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Turning around they looked at the lady who walked towards them. Luna and Sol looked at each other and sighed softly. Their plan of silently getting into the school and hopefully joining it turned to dust as the students and someone else seemed to notice them.

Sol looked around, keeping an eye on everyone. "See what ya guys did... You're too loud, ya know." Walking forward, he had a dark grin on his face, he was slowly raising the temperature, deciding that this place was too crowded and if he got everyone outside it'd be easier to question them about some thieves.

Luna followed his brother forward, he could sense the temperature change. He knew that if they proved to be a threat they'd get attacked. "We are not here to join.. at least not anymore. We came here to question you people about a thief. A thief which uses shadowmancy. He has stolen the king of Eden's crown and it's our job to get it back. So if you please... Give us information or there just might be a tornado."
Back to top Go down
Kite Glyph (Admin)
Admin
Kite Glyph (Admin)

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:51 am

Kite stepped forward laying a hand on both there shoulders and nodded to the lady with a smile.*I am Kite Glyph of the Eden Knights these are my subordinates as they said we are looking for a thief who used shadow necromancy.*Kite stepped forward with a smile looking at the woman.*He was about 5'7 well built wore a special kind of bandit clothes almost like it was weaved for dark magic.*Kite stepped to the side of the woman no fear in his eyes.*Did this man happen to come from here or is he here again?
Back to top Go down
NPC

Character sheet
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:56 am

The woman wanted no trouble with these newcomers. Her eyes stayed fixiated on the two that were posing verbal threats as the temperature seemed to noticeablely change. "I do suggest you call your two lap dogs off, Eden Knight. It would be a shame to have to lock them away in our solitary prison." Her eyes shifted once to the man who motioned to her side. "Now if you will." Refering to the two boys. It would not be wise for any attack to begin a battle here in the shadowmancy school of dark arts. The entire structure was bulit out of mystical runes giving those who know these arts an upper hand. The ultimate home field advantage. Luna and Sol would be made like puppies in this area, in fact, it was already occuring.

Several symbols that were carved into the runes on the floor began to glow with a faint dark grey light. The temperature was declining to its original status. Another body walked from the crowd, a bigger, more built form. The voice was audible for all to hear as he approached the scene. "I do suggest that you not start a battle here in my school." The man's robe had a symbol on the chest. A symbol of Shadowmancy. This was the headmaster. What the runes were doing were counteracting the energy omitted from Sol's body. Modifying it, deciphering the category of energy into shadow energy, fuel for the school almost.

The key of this home field advantage is. Any energy used that is not a category or relation to that of Shadowmancy or a Sub-Branch will be absorbed into the school and stored within the structure until later needed. The women quickled turned around to see the man approaching. As quickly as possible she knelt on one knee with two fingers placed on the ground. "Head Master...!" Saying in a low voice as her head not hung and eyes directed to the ground.

The Head Master observed these new comers for a moment before speaking again. "You are searching for those rebels of our art, from what I understand." Eyes locking onto Kite. "Come with me." With that, the Head Master turned around to begin walking in silent steps. The female who knelt remained knelt down. "And..." He stopped. "Mona. Inform everyone to resume class." He spoke to the woman who was knelt down. "Yes sir." She replied with immediate respect. Without standing back up, she began to sink into the ground, becoming one with the shadows. Swiftly she rode the shadow to hastily round the school, whispering "Resume class." As she passed by each room. The head Master, continued walking.
Back to top Go down
Vuka

Vuka

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:06 am

Another task to be done? Not my style. Vuka muttered to himself. The need for someone to do something is a burden at times. Without saying a single word or making a notion of him leaving, Vuka would simply bend in his into a 90 degree. His fingers curled abit then slightly relaxed them. The ground shook beneath his feet. 3 was company 4 was a crowd. Odd and interesting things would be denoted in these situations, at least it did while Vuka was around. Multiple flashbacks occured reminding him of his past. He quickly shook his head and leapt into the sky leaving a cloud of dust. The distance he covered wasn't much but the other men would not be able to see him in a matter of minutes. Onward to bigger and better things..Well not so much as better but..something more intriguing.
-exit post.-
Back to top Go down
Luna and Sol

Luna and Sol

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:46 pm

They looked at their Captain as they felt his hands on their shoulders. Hearing him tell the woman what they were after and some more information about the thief. They had not seen him so they would not be able to give any of that information at all.

Sol looked forward towards a man coming down the hallways as he felt the temperature returning to normal. He looked around and saw the runes glowing and absorbing his energy which was derived from the sun's power. He quickly drew back behind his twin, concentrating hard enough to remove his energy from connecting with the runes. "I see... I was not trying to start a battle though. I find that many people don't like rooms that are hot and stuffy. Plus doing the communicating outside would be so much easier at times." He smiled again though this wasn't as dark as his first one.

Luna looked at his twin and could sense his energy waning as the runes seemed to absorbing it. He sighed softly and looked at the man called Head master. He looked at his twin before looking over at Kite. "Alright we'll follow."

The twins walked forward, keeping their eyes on the other students and the women. Following the head master, they wondered how he was able to get runes to absorb energy that quickly, especially when all Sol was doing was making it hotter.
Back to top Go down
NPC

Character sheet
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:54 pm

QUEST NOTICE

It became obvious to the group that using energy in this instution even for their own defense. A plus to this situation is that the people of this institution sought not to combat nor slay these people.

The rune works through the method of absorption and convertion.

Given that the runes were forged in ancient times by the higher sages. The creators of the shadowmancy dark art the language written on these tablets is long since forgotten with the exception of the one surviving sage and his son.

Sol can be used a prime example for this passive effect to be taken notice.

For the temperature to be increased through the abnormal occurances it would take an abnormal influence. The said, influence of Sol's presence which inquired the usage of an energy of a sort which came from Sol's existance in the vicinity which led to the raising of the temperature. This energy was thus taken into the material of the rune to be absorbed and converted into a relative energy that will allow the user of the shadow art to now have to draw from his own source.
Back to top Go down
Kite Glyph (Admin)
Admin
Kite Glyph (Admin)

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Kite fell into step like a trained Knight his footsteps quite as a mouse he didn't even look back when the woman vanished into the floor having seen that move before.*Kite's eyes floated over everything while his face remained neutral walking in complete silence the headmaster had the advantage he knew it and would respect the man as long as there was peace between therefore he stayed quite until the headmaster spoke and would do so until then.
Back to top Go down
NPC

Character sheet
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:44 pm

The head master led the new comers down a halllway. A rather straight hallway. The deeper the hall seemed to lead the more and more abscent light seemed to become.. Soon, a sound of a door opening was heard. A torch stood in the middle of this room, burning with a rather unique sort of pyro matter. The head master entered this room. A desk would be seen on the other end of it, several sheets of paper were lain on the desk, obvious documents. "The group you are searching for. They are renegades. They used our institution to become the ultimate thieves. They can move about the shadows, infiltrate any establishment and escape with their prize." The man moved behind the desk to take a seat in the chair behind the desk. "Please, take a set if you wish." Showing politeness and curtousy.

"We have not involved ourselves with them beyond their teachings for specified reasons. If we were acknowledged as involved in their actions, whether it be.. assisting or thwarting them. We feared to recieve the inappropiate allignment to outside nations and powers. We do have the group's records however. You would be quite suprised to discover what it is you are up against if you do have the intentions to pursue them." His eyes remained focused on the men who stood in his office.
Back to top Go down
Kite Glyph (Admin)
Admin
Kite Glyph (Admin)

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Kite politely took the offered seat seeing the document's on the Head masters desk and smiled softly.*Yes sir we do intend to pursue them they stole our King's crown as Eden Knight's it is our duty.*I thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to assist us in these matters and for that I will not wast your time for I know you are a very busy man we could read the file's ourselves here in your office quietly.*Kite looked over at his two new Soldiers and smiled turning back to the headmaster waiting patiently the look he ahd given Luna and Sol was to stay quiet.
Back to top Go down
Luna and Sol

Luna and Sol

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:39 pm

The twins stood quietly behind the Captain Kite. They were going to speak but until they saw the look given to them from Kite. Luna and Sol looked down at the file containing information about who the thieves were truly. They knew that this man was very powerful and with this school there way it was built there was no way they could fight anyone unless them outside. They were both hoping that there would be no problems though.
Back to top Go down
NPC

Character sheet
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:54 pm

The potential problems between these two forces were far put aside. The head master was eager only for the death or apprehension of these renegades. Reachin forth, a finger was placed on one of the papers and slide it across the table toward the group for them to learn and read. "There names and records are all there. Do what you can."

The Records.

Name: Donath
Rank Achieved: Dark Cleric
Mental Status: Forth Going
Primary Attribute: Stealth

Name: Gorgon
Rank Archieved: Pure Shadowmancer
Mental Status: Courageous
Primary Attribute: Force

Name: Cecil
Rank Arhieved: Dark Ceric and Shadowmancer
Mental Status: Naive but strong willed
Primary Attribute: Agility

Name: Seabu
Rank Archieved: Clericion
Mental Status: Bipolar
Primary Attribute: Unknown

A sigh left the man's lips as his head shook from left to right in a slight apprehensive manner to his own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Kite Glyph (Admin)
Admin
Kite Glyph (Admin)

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:13 am

Kite looked down and nodded.*We killed all but 1 of these the grown one got away used the shadow's.*kite looked at the man eye to eye.*This man can do things we cant we need your help.We need to learn shadowmancy just the basics nothing more we need to keep this guy from vanishing.Can you help us there?
Back to top Go down
Luna and Sol

Luna and Sol

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:02 pm

Luna and Sol looked over the papers and then sighed out as they didn't really like killing kids, but they were asking for it by becoming pathetic thieves. "Our powers aren't enough.. heat and cold don't work on shadows very well." They both sighed again and bit their lips.
Back to top Go down
NPC

Character sheet
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:52 pm

In response to Kite's request... "I am terribely sorry but.." A sigh of disappointment. "We are not to accept any more students until the ones we have aquired have completed their courses. If you say you have not yet killed Seabu then you have quite a battle on your hand.. a Clericion is a rank beyond what we occassionally teach. We do have special tutors for this; those who have proven worthy to knowing the way of the Clericion. I do suggest extreme caution and battle him in numbers. Brute force will not bring down this combatant." His head shook from left to right. "Now please. Bring an end to this reign of thievery and restore the neutral title of this institution and art."
Back to top Go down
NPC

Character sheet
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:53 pm

QUEST COMPLETED
Party Exp Gained (Equal) - 90

Items Aquired - Record of the Renegades
Back to top Go down
NPC

Character sheet
Race:

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 pm

RECOMENDED QUEST

Retrieve the King's Rightful Crown! (URGENT)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow's Calling   The Shadow's Calling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shadow's Calling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinite Discovery :: Main Story-line :: Free World-
Jump to: